nasturtiums

nasturtiums
oil painting

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Second Post in Two Days - Back on Track?


Didn't notice until I posted the photo... the gloves are wringing even without 
my hands in them ... really, not staged!


One good tomato. The only reason I keep weeding.


Then, as I'm sweating away, getting stung and chewed to bits, it dawns on me... the stink bugs are chewing on the weeds I'm pulling!! This must have dawned on every nearby farmer... why pull the stinking weeds the stinkbugs are attracted to???


Meanwhile, the crop continues to suffer, while I sweat, all bitten up

and  a breath-taking, Wolf Kahnscape lies just beyond

is it worth the trade for the sudden burst of a fresh-off-the-vine-tomato

while the next row reminds you how fleeting life can be
(at least, this year, in the country, in the extreme heat, and relentless insects?)

This one watches over the garden, planted by nature from last year's seed.


This one hides herself.

This year we've had a less lush and productive garden, but we appreciate every moment.

After gardening this evening, I saw this Phoenix in the sky, and thought:
the garden is burning itself out this year to produce lush foliage and vegetation next year...
 I always look for signs



No comments:

Post a Comment